Sunday, April 19, 2009

The greatest gift


The greatest gift was given to me today. One of my best friends, Kim, offered me her uterus, without me even hinting that I might need it. She is one of the women I refer to as my sister and I love her for offering such an intimate part of her body. She has two beautiful boys so I know she is healthy and hers "works" unlike mine at this point. We haven't gotten to that point yet, but just to offer is so amazing! I already refer to her family as my family and jokingly call myself her kids' aunt, but that would definitely solidify our families together, as if we aren't already. I know she thinks about our situation often and prays for us as well. She is one of the reasons I am able to get through all this drama. And I love her (and her entire family - my extended family) greatly! I hope we never have to take her up on this offer, but I know if we get to a point where we need to, we have someone that will help us on this journey.

I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Kimmy!

We walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure today. Had to get up at 5:30 am to get there, but we did it. It was great fun. Got to spend the morning with Kim and Becky and Chase (Becky's 2 year old son). We walked 5k (3.2 miles I believe) and then were going to go to breakfast but bailed for naps instead. To see that many people out to fight breast cancer was amazing! Soooo many people! Above is the picture in the shirts we made! Mom Ryan (there I go again with my extended family) and Midji (client and Mom's good friend) have dealt with breast cancer. Both are surviving. Midji is done with chemo, Mom Ryan has 2 more to go through. Both are amazing women! I hope a cure is found for this disease soon! Then I came home (after stopping at Nico's, I was famished) and took a nap. Jason had taped up the stairway wall so we painted this afternoon. Looks great! Next weekend we'll do the other 2 walls we want to do. Long day, but great day!

Thanks Kimmy, love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!