Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cycle Day #3 - IUI Cycle #2 - Insurance sucks!

Okay, so insurance won't cover the costs of the fertility drugs, fine-whatever. But they have been running my Dr.'s office ragged with telling them one thing, not noting it down, then telling me something else, then calling them back and telling them something else! How is this so damn difficult?! For cryin' out loud, it is 10 pills! 10 pills...I pay them plenty every month and now they are so difficult to deal with. This is so not fun!

Alright, now that that is out of my system, I think I am ready to tell all my other secrets. I have been a bad eater the last 2 weeks. I haven't skipped my workouts (save for 1 swim while we were in Tempe) but I have eaten horribly and the scale agrees with me. I need to get back to normal and not eat my way thru my sorrows, but some days that is more difficult than others. Today, I am starting fresh and writing down everything I eat, and taking this day-by-day. I can do this and I will do this, I just need some fresh ideas. I watched an old Oprah today that I had taped long ago about celebrities and their weight loss and how they felt, and I plan to start reading Dr. Oz's book (You on a Diet) as soon as I finish my current book - hopefully today. I know I am already on WW, but I need some new ideas. I also plan on either stopping my decaf coffee habit (although doc said it is fine) but I put Stevia in my coffee and I have read bad things about it and getting pregnant, so just want to make sure we aren't doing this to ourselves. I need to get this done so I can get pregnant and be healthy! I don't want my pregnancy to be my reason to eat!

Alright, now that that is off my chest, I'm off to pick up my very expensive fertility drugs that insurance won't cover even though I have met my deductible! ARGH!

UPDATE: After all that, I get to Costco and the technician says, "this must be your lucky day!" I wasn't looking at her - I was looking for my credit card, and I replied, "yeah, right!" She said, "No really! Your prescription comes to $0.00 today!" I looked up and said, "You are kidding right?!" Mind you, they didn't have my insurance information so I had no clue what was going on. I told her "I could hug you!" Literally, had tears welling up in my eyes! Anyway, one of the pharmacy technicians had looked online and found a coupon and saved us $125 on this dang prescription without even knowing us! So on my way out of Costco, I stopped and did a Customer Compliment for her (Stacey at Costco on NW side of Tucson). Hopefully she gets something good, because she gave us something good! This gives me a better feeling about this month's procedure! Alright, time to make dinner! I'm still in shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!