Friday, September 18, 2009

9/18/09 - Cycle Day #13 - IUI Cycle #2 - Smartest man or not?

(To be posted at a later date)

Today was pretty ordinary. I thought at one point I was going to need a nap from the drugs that I injected into myself at 12:15 am this morning, but I pushed thru. I worked out this morning a little late, because I didn't have Acu until 9:30 am. Got there at 9:30 am on the dot! And Debi didn't come out, and didn't come out and didn't come out. I called her cell phone about 9:50 to see if I could get her attention, nothing. Finally at 10 am she came out and was surprised to see me even though we had scheduled this appointment YESTERDAY (9/17). She said something about, "well, I have a client" and I said, "had I known that, I wouldn't have scheduled with you!" So I was very annoyed and almost ready to leave when she walked out. Took me back and I tried my best to calm myself down. We started and from there we were fine, she kept apologizing. So I got over it.

Came home late (11 am) worked and studied. Left at 4:15 to meet Mom to pick up Dream Dinners, came home and started dinner. DH came home and is complaining about his back - that gives him problems often and I really feel sorry for him, I do. He strains himself and his job is hard work - I would never want to do it. Anyway, he says to me, "I think I am going to get in the spa tonight." Now mind you, he hasn't been in the spa in months, not for lack of wanting but doctor's orders to forgo it! So I said, "WHAT?!" Actually, I think I said, "No you aren't! Not with what is going down tomorrow!" (The hot water and for a length of time can kill the production of sperm and with the IUI tomorrow, now is not the time for that!) He relented, but was still mad. A while later he asked me if I was mad and I said, "yes! We are doing this huge thing tomorrow and you want to go in the spa!" He said he had forgotten and was sorry, but I could have reminded him nicer. I agreed, but said, "it just came out of left field and I was shocked! I didn't know how to react!" Anyway, there was no spa-ing tonight! Sometimes he is the smartest man I know, and other times I wonder if he had a labodomy and I missed it! The smart one has returned thankfully.

So we had dinner and then we watched this video I had ordered that a friend recommended. It is a Discovery Film and it is called From Conception to Birth. It is about how everything works in the body and animated, very interesting. I felt tonight was the perfect time to watch it, with our second IUI being tomorrow. He argued with me a bit, and again relented when I told him it was only 30 minutes (I lied it was 49). But it was very interesting and set the tone for tomorrow.

One more thing...DH and I are sitting and he turns to me and says, "I thought of a name for a girl today! Hayley!" So cute and sweet. I reminded him that that is the name of the daughter of some people who used to be close friends and kind of burst his bubble, but it was so cute that in light of last night's fortune cookie incident, he thought of a name. Wouldn't he like to know I have a list in my Palm Pilot that has been there for at least 2 years! ;) So sweet! Here is where he is the best ever! Alright, a little reading and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!