Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day - part 2

So I couldn't get the darn audio file to post, so here's the letter for you to read.  Stupid computer that is smarter than me! ;)

94.9 MIX FM – Mom of the Day for Monday, May 14th, 2007 is Beth

When I was a teenager, my Mom and I didn't see eye-to-eye!  In fact, we fought very often!  When I was in college, we got along a lot better, but there were many times of disagreement and struggle.  When I moved to Denver for 3 years with my husband-to-be and needed a friend a couple days a week because I was homesick, we became best friends. 
Now, that I live in Tucson again with my husband, we are not only best friends, but we are business partners.  My Mom helps senior citizens live out their financial dreams and enjoy their retirement.  She works hard, and sometimes she doesn't get to play a lot, because she is so focused on being there for so many people. 
I am an only child, so I had to rely on my friends to enlarge my family, and I got in the habit of "adopting" mothers.  My Mom always teased that she and my Dad chose to only have one child, and I chose to have many mothers.  She also teased that I adopted other mothers because there was some void that she couldn't fill.  There was never any void I needed to fill - my Mom was everything I ever needed and I know she always will be. 
When I was in 6th grade, we were asked who our heroes were and I wrote about my Mom.  That feeling has never changed - even in the challenging years. 
I hope to one day be as strong, intelligent, driven and respected as she is.  I hope you choose my Mom to be a Mom of the Day, because it would not only make her day, but it would make mine! I love you very much MOM!
Thank you,
Nikus

Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 13th, 2007
Beth surprised on the radio by Bobby & Brad – Monday, May 14th, 2007 at 8:06 am

She was very surprised and had actually been listening to the radio when they called her.  It was a great way to end Mother's Day weekend.

And one more quick note, I got to the office this morning and not only did I have a card from my staff congratulating me about passing "big nasty" but I also had a card from MBM saying Happy Mother's Day.  Very sweet and appreciated. 

I also emailed Holly H. at Dr. H's office to let her know we would most definitely be moving forward because my test was passed and she replied, "YIPPIE!"  Here we go...maybe next Mother's Day, there will be a card from my son or daughter!  Here's hoping!

Have a wonderful week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!