Friday, May 20, 2011

IVF Care Package

I know this process will be rough.  And I know I have great people around me....but I didn't know they were this great!

Volleyball Queen told me a couple days ago that she had sent me a package.  I asked if it was her son and she said he wouldn't fit in the box, but I'd enjoy it.  So not only have I opened the box, but I got to anticipate it too.  Although, she led me a bit astray when she said, "Don't forget to feed Shamu, or Sea World will get mad."  So I kind of thought it was a stuffed animal...boy was I wrong.

When I got home on Wednesday and found the box, this is what I pulled out.

The card was very great and will be kept.  Just saying things like "I'm here for you" and "wish you well."  But my favorite part had to be the labels on everything.  So personalized and made me smile and giggle out loud when I read each one!

This was the first thing I pulled out...Golden Swimmers...or Goldfish to the layman.  ;)

J-E-L-L-O!  How can I get through IVF without a little jello?!  I can't!

Most random book ever that will provide hours of laughter!

Trashy magazines and a great funny movie for down time and more laughs - oh sorry, to distract!

It's a tie for what is my favorite between this and the next thing down...she made a mix CD of songs she liked listening to during their trying times.  How awesome is Volleyball Queen?!

But I think this is my favorite.  I don't know how much I mention nachos and wine on the blog, but on FB that is my go to meal after a hard day at the office and Volleyball Queen knows it.  So since I can't have wine and she can't mail nachos, the next best thing was Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos!

I was beyond blown away.  This is one of the best presents I have ever received.  Not because it cost a whole lot of money but there was so much thought and caring put into it.  It really hit my heart strings and made me feel truly loved.  And after the hormones hit on Tuesday, it really lifted my spirits.  You can bet all these post its will be saved in the baby book!!!  So of course I had to document it all on the blog before everything got eaten!!

Volleyball Queen...you know I love you and I'm grateful for you every day.  Thank you for all your support through "big nasty" and IVF.  Someday our babies will play, someday soon!  LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
I'm going to bed a happy lady tonight!  <3 I cannot express how happy I am right now!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is that?!?!?!? Volleyball Queen - my hat's off. :-)

    When is your IVF? This month, I'm assuming? I wish you the absolute best Will this be your first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the "Awkward Family Photos" book. OMG, the cover.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!