Thursday, July 7, 2011

I know it's been a while, but...

How do I start with a sentence like that?  I know it's been a while, but for once in my life I have little to say.  I think!?  Remind me of that at the end of this post.

My last post was Sunday, July 3rd.  The weekend was relatively uneventful, save for the party the afternoon/evening of July 3rd where I think I told everyone that after Monday I was back to my "milk and water diet" and that meant I needed to drink every last drop of caffinated tea, soda and alcohol that I could before it would all be taken away.  Of course the "milk and water diet" comment sparked many questions from new people, and of course that led to me telling them that we're in the middle of IVF.  Common responses are below:

1. "What's "IVF"?"  (I sometimes forget that not everyone's world revolves around my uterus and making babies, and I have to explain that IVF means In Vitro Fertilization and even further that means a "test tube baby")

2.  "Ohhhh...how wonderful! You'll be great.  That's so exciting!"

3.  "I had a friend who did that and they have a baby girl/boy/twins/triplets now!  It will work for you guys too."

4. The last response is just a multitude of questions about IVF and all it involves.  "Have you had this test?" "What meds are you taking?"  "How does it all work?"  Etc, etc.

It was quite interesting times.  The sweet thing was that when we finally left about 11 pm, everyone who we hugged goodbye whispered in my ear, "best of luck" and "I know it will work" or "my fingers are crossed for you guys."  It was very sweet.  Many of those people I will never see again, but so many I will.  Ms. T's hubby was so happy to hear about IVF and his parents were too.  We see his parents a lot at their house and they are so great.  It was a very nice evening to say the least. 

That's about all my excitement for the holiday weekend.  I promise that I will post the fertility binder stuff, just didn't get time to work on more yet, VERY SOON.  And will update about the process of the FET (Frozen Egg Transfer) that Lobster reminded me I really hadn't done yet. 

Have a good one folks!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you feel in situations like these! It is almost shocking when you realize that most people aren't aware how big their follicles are or what lutenizing hormone is or their husband's sperm count. These people are blissfully unaware of the absolute miracle it is that ANYONE GET'S PREGNANT AT ALL!! For people like us, though, we will never take any step of the process to motherhood for granted! Keep thinking good thoughts! :)
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trickyicsi - I know... I have that thought "most people aren't aware how big their follicles are or what lutenizing hormone is or their husband's sperm count. These people are blissfully unaware of the absolute miracle it is that ANYONE GET'S PREGNANT AT ALL!! " .... its amazing... We are starting our IVF journey next month...

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!