Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dreams and lack of sleep

Happy Sunday dear Bleaders and for those of you who'll get this via email tomorrow, Happy 4th of July!  This post was on Facebook this morning and I think it's very fitting to share:
The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it and those who have stood watch ready to defend her. American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them." Thank all military personnel that you know, past, present or future.
I make it a point to thank servicemen and women whenever I see them, especially at the airport.  MBM's dad comes back from Afghanistan in just about 2 weeks I think!  He'll be glad to be done and we'll be glad to have him home safe!  This country wouldn't be near where it is without the people who put their lives on the line for us!  Happy 4th of July!

Okay, now back to me.  :)  I'm having serious issues sleeping, which I usually never have.  Once I hit the pillow, I'm out.  Could be due to my lack of exercise, but I worked out three days last week and plan to work out four or five this week!  Yesterday, I spent the day with MBM and her crazy lovely family that I do adore...not kidding on this one, they are incredible...out by the pool and eating things that I won't be allowed to after tomorrow.  But you would think being in the pool and out in the sun a lot of the day I would be beat, and I was, but when we finally turned the TV off and the lights out at 11 pm last night, it took me forever to fall asleep yet again. And then woke up at least 4 or 5 times during the course of the night to move, which doesn't usually happen either.  The night before I think I woke up every hour!  Not fun times! 

Plus the dreams I have been having are really wacked out.  We watched Inception last weekend and I think it started then, but I'm having some trippy dreams.  There was the one where J's parents were going to give us a new refrigerator (that we don't need) if we could dismantle and put back together 3 in a short period of time.  What in the what?!  Then last night I was being chased by a gila monster (it's an Arizona thing, see below photo) who was meowing like a cat at me whenever he got agitated. They usually will hiss at you, kind of cat-like I guess, but this one sounded like our crazy kitty, Sonoma. 

Just a little about the gila monster, which I have never seen other than behind plate glass at the Desert Museum, except for the one time I saw a guy in my parents' neighborhood ushering one back into the desert with a golf club...anyway, albeit sluggish in nature - unlike our friend the Diamondback Rattlesnake that is quicker than I like to think about - it is still poisonous and if I recall the teeth are slanted inwards so it's hard to get him off once he bites, Wikipedia suggest holding him underwater to get him off.  Anyway, no fatalities since 1939 (according to Wikipedia) but still a scary little monster, but he's a protected species in Arizona - which I never knew, thanks Wikipedia!  I mean, look at those claws! So imagine this meowing at me in my dream while I walked around somebody's pool.  So very odd!

I don't know if its because I have a lot on my mind or what, but it's getting annoying.  We have another day slated by the pool today with Ms. T and her family, hubby finally back from his trip overseas, so maybe tonight I'll get some decent sleep?

Anyway, happy 4th of July to you all and I hope tomorrow is spent with loved ones.  Again, thank our military men and women for all they do to protect our freedoms!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I did not read this before I posted - how strange! I'm sure our bodies are just reacting to all the strange horomones that we're subjecting them to. I hope you can get some good sleep tonight...I sometimes forget that chocolate effects me greatly, and then I can't sleep. You probably already thought of this, but make sure you're not eating anything with caffiene in it before bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and peaceful sleep!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!