So CFP is over. Everyone is on board. Now what do we do?
I won't get grades for the test until probably mid-May. I had figured that since last time it took 8 weeks and there were 3 holidays in there, this time should be quicker. But U of A AFA threw that theory out the window when she told me her test in July also took 8 weeks for results, no holidays included. Bummer. I was really hoping to start IVF near the end of April.
So here's my thoughts and I'd like some opinions (no guarantee that I will listen, but give advice!):
1. Wait until grades come in and start BC at the end of May if I pass.
2. Start BC at the end of April as originally planned, with or without grades.
3. Start BC at the end of this month when I have AF as directed by doc to get the ball rolling earlier.
Let me reiterate the following:
1. IVF is uber-expensive, stressful and needs my full attention.
2. CFP is uber-important and needs my full attention if I have to take it again.
3. Whichever one has to happen, I need to be able to stress less (which is difficult for me to begin with).
4. CFP is practically mandatory for my job and I would really prefer not working through another CFP test and IVF at the same time.
5. I want a baby and I'm almost to the point of not caring if I passed CFP before we start or not. (ALMOST, I still really care that I passed, my patience is just running really thin!)
6. The condensed version of the IVF process is BC for at least 3 weeks, injectible drugs for 2 weeks, extraction, wait for a few days, eggs go back in, wait for another few weeks, determine if we're pregnant. All in all, about 8 weeks. And BC has to start about day 2 of AF which put me near the end of the month per my cycle.
So what do you think Bleaders? What are the pros and cons of waiting or jumping ahead? Where do we go from here?
The comments are OPEN!