Monday, November 9, 2009

Another blog and happyness

Hello my dears! I have two main points for today's post. Take that back, three.

First off, I reference another blog quite often and I think you might like it, so the address is www.bustedplumbing.blogspot.com. Kate is a wonderful writer and has been going thru this a little longer than us unfortunately. But for the most part, her spirit is amazing. She has her down days (who wouldn't going thru this?) but she doesn't let them beat her! Anyway, her issue is seemingly different than ours and her blog is 9-times-outta-10 hysterical!!!! I steal many things from her blog, so I figured I better plug it! Anyway, for those of you who haven't experienced this lovely voyage except thru my eyes, you may want to pop over there for a different perspective. Another cool feature is that her hubby sometimes blogs, and especially for me because sometimes Jason clams up, it is nice to hear the male perspective of this all.

Second, so I know last week I was kinda down stemming from the negative test and the little cold or whatever that I had. By Thursday, I was back at work and figured out that I really like when people rely on me (probably why I want to be a Mommy so much). I had a very productive, albeit busy day, but very accomplished at the end. Even went to see a client in Hospice and while I was sure I would end up in tears, I didn't (quite the feat for me!). He was in great spirits and I will go back to him again soon. Anyway, Friday a very good friend and her very adorable son went to lunch with me and that was awesome! Thanks Ms. Katie! It is always nice to just have girl time and catch up with great friends. Plus, who doesn't love watching a little boy fall asleep - so cute! Friday evening, Jason and I took a drive to Casa Grande (not the most exciting place to go) to see some friends in from CO for dinner and their 3 year old daughter. Very fun, even if the food at Mimi's was just okay and the drive was boring. Came home and passed out by 11 pm. On a Friday, I know - we are super exciting!!

Saturday was a LONNNNGGGG day! Up at the crack of dawn (well, for a Sat anyway) - 6:30 am. Jason was headed to Benson for a quad race, and I was going to the gym (since I hadn't been in a week and a half!) followed by a hair cut and color (THANK GOD! It was so bad, I needed help!), visiting my BFF in from San Fran, a little shopping, some U of A homecoming game (which they kicked ass at! 48 to 7 against Washington!), another meal out with friends - but with drinks now (there are some good things about not being on fertility drugs and taking a break) and finally home with the hubby.

The cut and color of hair was awesome. Kayla, my hairdresser is a rock star. Funny how a little thing like 3 hours in a chair with someone making you beautiful again really ups your self-esteem. Got a little Eegee's (if you haven't had this, you are missing out!) on the way to see my BFF in from San Fran and hang out with her before she headed off to a wedding with her BF. There again, there is nothing like hanging out with someone who knows all your secrets and won't judge you because of them and you can tell anything to, to brighten my day. Especially when I don't get to see her all that often because she lives in CA. On the way to dinner with more friends, found my boots for my birthday party - 2 pair actually. Met up with another best friend and his GF on University Blvd after U of A rocked the football game. Now I remember why I don't want to be in college anymore. College kids are stupid!!! Holy cow, never goin' back there! But it was fun to hang out and actually have a drink again!

Okay, so I won't give details (because ewww) but BD is so much different when there isn't anything "riding" on it. (No pun intended! ;) ) It's actually fun again! Nuff said.

Sunday, lazy morning with the hubby...hasn't happened for a while. Then doing stuff around the house before heading to another BFF's birthday party for her kids. Relaxing, fun and just nice all around. Home, dinner and then into the spa - again, haven't done that FOREVER! So nice once more.

So my weekend was great, albeit busy! But great to know that I have so many friends and because of that, so much to do!

Third, Kate posted this quote and she has yet again started me thinking:

“Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?”

This really hit home for me. One of my friends a while ago asked me, "when you pray, do you ask God what he wants from you?" Well, I started that and I do get an answer. It is so glorious. Now it isn't, "go give money to this charity" but usually one word. For instance, "patience." And that is all I get. So the above quote makes me think "how would God give one patience? or courage? or closeness to the family?" So giving the opportunity to have patience, etc. makes a whole lotta sense. Usually when I pray I think something along the lines of, "help us thru this process so whatever child we end up with is healthy whenever that may be, and help it be soon." Many times I pray for loved ones who need a boost (a friend sick or in the hospital or waiting to birth a baby or dealing with loss of job or loved one, etc.). I try not to pray for us a lot, but rather the people we love, however the prayers for us get in there too. But mostly they revolve around how to deal with this situation without going completely insane! When it gets close to testing time, I do pray that we are pregnant and if we aren't, that God helps me heal from that. But this quote has started to change how I pray and even how I think about this.

But now I need to pray that my class today will go quickly and I won't fall asleep. So talk to you later folks and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!