Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The friends and family around you matter most.

Talk about mood swings?! ;)

I know I have said it before and I promise I will say it again in the future, but I have kick-ass friends - and family, but this post is about the friends.

I am very lucky in life to have beaucoup (many) friends around me that I consider close, and many that I consider extended family...going to the point of calling their parents Mom and Dad, or versions of that.  I am an only child and for much of my childhood, was very shy because I didn't have brothers or sisters to toughen me up.  Obviously, that isn't the case now.  Anyway, at a dinner among friends the other night - a couple of which I outright call sisters and one who has already offered her belly should we need it in the future, baby-making was brought up.  Now all of these ladies know our situation and I am in fact the only one without a child in this scenario.  Anyway, one of the ladies mentioned trying for a second child and timing it, etc.  I told her "jokingly" just to tell her husband that "that one was for me."  She looked me dead in the face and said, "well he knows that is an option, if you need it ever."  It blew me out of the water.  Besides the fact that her true sister, has already offered the same thing.  Not jokingly.  These lovely ladies will follow through with the situation, should it come to that.  How amazing are these people?!

They know who they are so I don't need to name drop, but they freakin' rock.  They are already my family and I have gone so far as to hash out this scenario in my head (because they have gotten pregnant very easily) and think about how it might work and how it would truly solidify our families for life.  Now, believe me when I say that I hope we never get to that point which would technically be IVF with our parts and their bellies, but it is a true blessing to know that I have that in my back pocket should we need to get there.

There may be days when I don't believe we are blessed because of this situation and how angry/hurt/sad it makes me feel some days.  But thankfully I have these people to fall back on and pick me back up.  Thanks my sistas - you know you are.

LOVE Bleaders....LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Just found you from Kate, and I just wanted to say that a good friend of mine (actually my hubby's cousin) has fought infertility for years and just had an adorable baby girl--through surrogacy. It was a good friend of hers, and it was an awesome experience! They will truly be "family" forever now, and they call her the baby's special Auntie. I hope you don't have to go there (and for myself as well), but if you do it's an amazing way to get your child, and grow your family as well. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!