Thursday, April 14, 2011

PETA 0, Infertiles 1

Whoo hoo....Infertiles unite!!! 

After many angered Infertiles apparently flooded PETA with letters and beratement, PETA relented and took every mention of National Infertility Awareness Week down!  Here's an article about it all. 

I truly understand what PETA was attempting to do with the snip two-fer, but don't link it to infertility.  I also agree that there are many people out there who need to be snipped because they either can't stop reproducing children or they aren't good parents!!  But that's doesn't link to the Infertile population who want to be parents SO badly that they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to do it, and are probably some of the best parents out there because they had to CHOOSE to do it, instead of just getting knocked up when they weren't paying attention.  (No offense to those who were lucky enough to get knocked up!)  I'm just trying to say that when you have to work harder to achieve something that is supposed to be simple, you have time to evaluate how bad you really want it to happen.  Is it worth draining your savings for the chance at bearing your own child?  Many people don't have to broach that subject. Unfortunately, there are a lot of us out there that do have to figure that answer out.  And possibly more than once!

Okay, enough about PETA.  I'm over them!

I know I owe you a post about Race for a Cure.  I need to take photos of my shirt because you can't read it in the ones I have.  Once I do that, I'm all set. 

Have a lovely day Blogites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say ... blog related or not! Dish away!